Sunday, April 15, 2007

Waiting isn't Always Bad

So in preparation for my trip, PIONEERS wants us to do a study of Acts (as this will be our main focus at orientation and throughout the summer.

So where else did I start but at the beginning. Acts 1 starts with Jesus ascending into heaven, but not before giving this command to the disciples:

"Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father has promised, which you have heard me speak about. For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." -Acts 1:4-5

I can only imagine what was going on in the minds of these guys at this point. In the last forty dayys they have seen Jesus die, raise again, teach and now he has left. But he told them not to scatter, and stay in the place that they killed him. I probably would have been terrified. But Jesus knew that without the Spirit, they would be nothing. The Spirit cam t ogive them power and wisdaom and was exactaly what the were seeking.

So I guess waiting isn't all that bad.

No comments: