Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Barbarian Way





There is a group of guys here (Jay, Nate, Keoni, Ben and Luke0 who call themselves the Barbarians. When they are back home in Seattle, there are an acountability group. They desided to read through a book as a group. The book, The Barbarian Way. I desided that I wanted to read it to see what all this Barbarian talk was about.

The author starts out talking about how domesticated christianity has come from its barbaric roots. The funny thing is that he was describing me to the letter. I guess I just never realized that the way I was thinking about my faith was blinding me (keeping me) from a true barbarian heart.

I learned that I want to be and inovator, not an adaptor. I want to fordge my own way and not alway rely on othere to be there to lead me in the right direction. The Barbarian spirit in iinside me just waiting to burst out. I want to go back to that time when all I could do was talk about what Christ had done for me. I want to be a Barbarian.

No comments: