Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Lamb to the Slaughter


This morning I was awakend by the strangest sound. Hamza was sharpening his machety. After Jay was through explaining to him that it was too early for that kind of work, Hamza moved somewhere else to finish his sharpening. Since I was awake by now, I went ahed and got out of my tent to write a couple of letters. Hamza cam by and asked me where Anna was, and I told him that she was in the tent sleeping. Then he asked:

"Do you want to help me?"

I never thought in a million years that what he needed help with was to slaughter a lamb (well I watched Hamza and William do it, but I was still there to see it happen) The whole scene got me to thinking.

Jesus was led like a lamb to the slaughter to die as a sacrifice to give me life. I guess I just never realized what that really meant until today. The lamb knew that it was about to die, yet it never fought, bleeted, or ran. It just came, silently and willingly, just like Christ. Jesus knew his fate and he was willing to follow God's will for his life, even though it meant death on a cross.


This place is teaching me so much and as subtle as things may look, their messages are powerful. We have just under three weeks left and I know that there are still things to be grasped.

God Teach ME!

No comments: